Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
- Accountable for the operation’s deliverables across a portfolio of new product introduction projects including design transfer, operational readiness, manufacturability, process/equipment design, and Finished Goods QC methods.
- Thought leader for driving robust design efforts, guard band studies, stability, etc. to ensure effective and reliable products
- Partner closely with Advanced Research and Product Development to shape the Operations requirements for innovative technology
- Partner with the Business Unit leadership and development to ensure complexity reduction and robust product performance for specific new products and technology roadmaps
- Represent the Operation team on the staff of the key R&D / Development leadership teams
- Ensure the projects meet the required design history deliverables as needed for regulated and RUO products
- Continuously innovate design transfer and further the state of manufacturing knowledge to reduce time to market and complaints while meeting financial goals
- Lead / collaborate closely across all of Global Operations to ensure a unified voice to the NPI core teams
- Leads cross-functional teams by guiding execution decisions based on company strategy in a compelling and motivating manner.
- Establishes context of department goals to support company vision and meet customer needs
- Communicates strategy within department.
- Establishes credibility and effectively influences executives and peers across organizations.
- Identifies new capabilities, technologies and initiatives to evaluate and monitors evaluation, providing input on final decisions.
- Executes to achieve results of multiple functions within a department. Provides direction to subordinate managers.
- Plans at department level to meet strategic needs, with a cross-departmental perspective. Manages department budgets & resource allocation.
- Prioritizes, aligns and balances utilization of multiple functional teams based on department priorities.
- Mentors managers within the department, and provides coaching to leaders within project teams from other departments.
- Translates department strategies into cross-functional staffing plans. Hires in alignment with current and future needs, and creates new roles to meet future department needs.
- Defines and implements process and structure changes necessary to scale the department by understanding future needs based on department strategy and company direction.
- Proactively builds and maintains positive relationships department executives, company leaders, and key external stakeholders.
- Collaborates effectively across departments and sites, creating an environment of mutual trust.
- Establishes frameworks for collaboration and drives ongoing relationship, ensuring alignment with technology roadmap and project needs.
- Ensures regular evaluation of partner agreements and initiates changes as needed, interacting at least monthly with partner organizations.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf