The Laboratory Operations Director is responsible for overseeing the operation of all the technical laboratory teams, including Flow Cytometry, Genetics. Molecular and Histology/Immunohistochemistry. This position is the liaison/bridge between the laboratory areas and the medical directors, as well as between the laboratories and all other departments and requires understanding of the scientific principles involved in each area. Through oversight of all laboratory departments this position ensures collaboration and highest quality testing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversee the laboratory management of the Flow Cytometry, Immunohistology, Genetics and Molecular departments to maintain efficient and quality laboratory operations.
2. Oversee validation studies for new instrumentation, reagents, and protocols.
3. Review proficiency surveys for correct performance and outcome.
4. Participate in the evaluation and validation of new procedures and instrumentation.
5. Participate in the budget process, staffing plans, evaluation of capital equipment needs and development of testing protocols.
6. Assist the Medical Directors with projects and publications.
7. Perform related tasks as assigned.
BS in a laboratory science
MT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) or equivalent
Laboratory personnel participating in licensure or certification maintenance programs must complete the number of continuing education hours prescribed by their licensing or certifying agency.
Technical laboratory personnel whose certification has been grandfathered and does not require participation in a certification maintenance program must complete at least twelve hours of continuing education annually.
Minimum of 8 years of laboratory experience
Adherence to standard universal precautions
Exposure to biological and chemical hazards