Reports to the CFO and VP Research Programs,
Works closely with the VP, Entrepreneurship and Commercialization
Permanent, full time
The Director of Industry Innovation Programs will manage Genome British Columbia’s (Genome BC) Industry Innovation (I2) Program, which is being established as part of the organization's expanded commercialization activities. I2 is a commercialization fund that can invest in BC based companies with promising life science technologies and a feasible plan for commercialization. The Director will work with companies, in collaboration with other stakeholders, to help get them prepare for investment. The Director will also have extensive experience in fund management and will provide mentorship to early stage companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the repayable I2 Program to assist companies in advancing the commercialization of innovative technology, products and services;
- Prepare early-stage company dossiers to support investment decisions relating to the I2 Program, including funding profiles, proof of concept research results, product and market development stages, benefits to British Columbia, pathways to commercialization, milestones etc;
- Provide on-going advice and assistance to early stage companies to prepare them for being “investment ready”;
- Develop a relationship with other related funders who can assist companies during their early development and with establishing a new area of business revenue;
- Negotiate terms of investment contracts with companies;
- Provide input and implement Genome BC’s IP strategies and policies with respect to the I2 Program;
- Leverage, as required, other commercialization programs such as IRAP, WD, Ag-West Bio, , etc; and,
- Understand the commercialization environment for life sciences in British Columbia.