The HR Director is one of the strategic business partners to the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) business unit and functional leaders and their teams to translate business strategy into HR strategy and organizational needs to HR solutions and plans. This role will support the business unit leaders goals to build organizational capabilities by attracting, engaging, developing and retaining the top talent required for short and long-term business success.
- Global responsibility to develop HR strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans that align to the business and functional strategy and objectives.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., leadership and team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate business unit HR strategies and solutions.
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Manages HR resources and priorities, commissions HR solutions via the Regional HR teams, Corporate and Group Centers of Excellence and/or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Helps guide Center of Excellence (COE) owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions.
- Ensures activities throughout the region are core, common and consistent.
- Stays abreast of changes in HR law and important issues which could impact the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Represents HR on BU leadership teams and BU leadership on HR Leadership teams.
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-i Values in everything we do.