Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Illumina is seeking a Director of Human Resources. This HR Business Partnering role is responsible for supporting Global Operations and Quality (GQO), comprised of over 1,700 employees in America, Europe and Asia. In this role, you will define, develop, and successfully implement global, functional and regional HR initiatives across the assigned client groups. This individual will be the seated business partner for multiple leaders at the SVP and VP levels (including instrument manufacturing, consumables manufacturing, supply chain, quality, factory of the future and lifecycle management engineering). The position is an individual contributor role leveraging the support of the HR operations teams and centers of excellence and a key member of the GQO Leadership Team and HR Business Partner team.
All About You
- Collaborates with the business to define organization and people strategies that effectively support the business strategy and deliver results.
- Provides consultation on organization design, team effectiveness strategies and change management programs.
- Works closely with the leadership teams in the creation and implementation of organization design and scaling initiatives.
- Ensures effective leadership teams and benches through development, hiring and coaching.
- Leads core HR programs for the business including talent reviews, succession planning, performance management, and compensation (merit and equity cycles).
- Provides consultation on employee engagement and retention designed to support the desired organizational culture.
- Provides advice and guidance on all aspects of performance management including leadership development, accelerated development, coaching and dismissals.
- Works closely with site and regional HR leaders in the coordination of initiatives across a wide matrix of functions and geographies.
- As a member of the Global HR Business Partner Team and HR, helps both organizations scale through the advancement of best practices, great execution and building a great place to work employee centric culture.
- Partner with HR operations, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Employee Communications to deliver effective HR support and programs to the business.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Prior experience supporting manufacturing and or quality operations is required.
- Proven communication skills with a demonstrated capacity to effectively and practically communicate complex ideas and business concepts.
- Minimum of 15 years of HR Business Partnering and other relevant HR experience (employee relations and talent management).
- Senior level experience in developing and supporting programs related to talent development, organizational design and scaling (and globalization), team development and organization effectiveness practices.
- Proven track record of leadership with demonstrated ability to develop talent.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with multiple levels and disciplines.
- Expertise in employment and workplace safety laws and compliance requirements.
- Strong business acumen is essential.
Preferred Educational Background:
What matters most for this role is what you have done, not what you have learned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field. A Masters degree is a plus.
- Experience in Clinical manufacturing preferred (life sciences, biotechnology, medical device, pharma).
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf