Using an extensive knowledge of customer needs and market trends, plus experience working in a global, matrixed organization, this position is accountable for developing, managing and overseeing the strategic business direction, as well as the global implementation of resources to drive NEB’s OEM and Custom Products profitable revenue growth.
• Direct and support the OEM and Custom Products team in the US and coordinate the support of overseas resources in collaboration with NEB’s subsidiary General Managers.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of global market trends and customer needs, including awareness of the associated regulatory environments of basic and applied research markets that NEB’s OEM and custom products serve.
• Maintain a deep network of contacts in the industry, as well as coordinate with NEB Marketing to deploy appropriate market research activities, to ensure that this knowledge is both up-to-date and of the necessary level of detail.
• Develop and implement sales, marketing and customer support strategies in collaboration with NEB Marketing, Global Business Development and Subsidiaries.
• Develop specific capabilities of the NEBsolutions business to create a unique and sustainable market position, which will deliver or exceed revenue targets for the business.
• Identify new business opportunities and work with resources within NEB, including Global Business Development, Marketing, Research, Applications and Product Development, Production and Quality to realize them.
• Direct and support the OEM and Custom Products team, both in the US and overseas, to deliver pricing and supply agreements to customers, including the development of new business proposals.
• Develop and implement high quality order fulfillment and logistics processes.
• Maintaining a strong knowledge of competitors’ offerings and be prepared to deploy counter-strategies and tactics to protect and grow current market shares.
• Act as the internal and external “champion” for the NEBsolutions business, highlighting and responding to any urgent issues and maintain excellent customer satisfaction.
• Monitor the performance – revenue and share – of the NEBsolutions business to ensure the strategies and tactics are in line with the company vision for this critical business segment.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of core life science disciplines – biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology or related field.
• MBA or equivalent on-the-job training, supplemented by external business skills training with a focus in sales and marketing
• Minimum of ten years’ experience in the life science industry, including multiple years either working for, or selling to the molecular diagnostic sector, and operating in a global business leadership role.
• Working knowledge of the primary markets served by NEB’s OEM and custom products, as well as a deep knowledge of the needs of molecular diagnostics market.
• Ability to coach, develop and motivate direct reports and cross-functional teams.
• Proven ability to engage critical resources within a global, matrixed organization.
• Strong communication and presentations skills – both written and verbal.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritizing and managing multiple projects, simultaneously.
• Strong working knowledge of the core principles of running a business unit within a larger organization and how to best apply them to the sales and marketing of OEM and custom products.
• Experience with financial business models, primarily with regards to pricing strategies to support new business initiatives.
• Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 40% of the time.
• Experience developing growth strategies for complex product portfolios.
• Experience developing and launching multiple new products or services, including managing the development of promotional, pricing and channel tactics.
• Track record of leading business teams to repeatedly deliver solid business growth and exceed customer expectations.
New England Biolabs is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled and Protected Veterans