Natera is currently seeking a Director of Facilities in our Austin, Texas location. Job Summary
- We have an opportunity available for a Director of Facilities to join our team. The Facilities Coordinator reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations.
- This is a key leadership position providing direction and oversight for all Facility Services and assures the Mission, Vision and Values of Natera are represented in all decisions for the delivery of these services.
- The Facilities Director will be responsible for the Facilities, Office Management, and Employee Health and Safety (EH&S) teams.
- This position will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of facilities, building systems, facilities vendor management, lab facilities oversight and maintenance and due diligence of lab related SOPs.
- The Facilities Director is also responsible for all regulatory and accreditation compliance requirements related to the buildings, systems, and various codes. Dealing with large and small unexpected emergencies is a routine part of this position’s activities.
- The Facilities Director provides the highest level on-site leadership of a team that continuously maintains assigned facilities in an efficacious, safe, comfortable, and visually pleasing condition, using the methods, tools, support, and oversight provided by the Natera Facilities team.
- The Facilities Director will interface with and support several other key functional areas at Natera such as Operations, R&D, EH&S and office administration.
Responsibilities Facilities Management Support – 60%
- Lead a group of managers and skilled technicians as well as outside contractors, in the maintenance and repair of systems including HVAC, refrigeration, electrical and electronic, and plumbing; in a manner that assures a high degree of reliability and safety.
- Oversee office management team supporting space allocation (people/equip/inventory) and office expansion efforts
- Oversee Employee Health and Safety team to implement and administer environmental, health and safety programs within the company.
- Maintain the professional public image and aesthetically pleasing appearance of the building(s) themselves.
- Coordinate maintenance and project work with department heads and medical personnel as required.
- Maintain records of completed planned and corrective maintenance tasks completed for the purposes of compliance and risk management
- Manage the purchase of supplies, replacement parts, etc. in a productive and compliant manner.
- Oversee grounds maintenance, including lawn, parking lot, driveways, sidewalks, signage, lighting etc. with special attention given to the front and emergency entrances / canopy areas.
- Maintain and routinely change flower gardens and other aesthetic features of the grounds
- Lead and oversee small construction and renovation projects and solicit / review bids for any subcontract work needed.
- Maintain the safe operation of the facility during projects of any size.
- Interview, select, train, and evaluate supervisory and other skilled department staff
- Enforce safety and quality standards for the department.
- Maintain the professional appearance of all department spaces, regardless of their public exposure.
- Implement and maintain compliance with maintenance related policies and procedures of the company
- Responsible for any other duty that may be assigned from time to time and any other activities required to maintain the efficacious, safe, comfortable and visually pleasing use of the ministry’s facility for the purposes of diagnosing and treating patients.
- Develop and execute snow removal plan as needed.
Financial Management – 20%
- Prepare and use budgets as directed
- Oversee service contracts and periodically evaluate the financial impact of bringing service in-house through training, tools, personnel additions or changes, etc.
- Manage the appropriate use of inventory management and purchasing tools.
- Oversee use of purchasing tools and compliance with company purchasing policies and procedures.
Compliance – 10%
- Implement and/or maintain Natera’s standard policies and procedures for accreditation and regulatory compliance.
- Ultimately responsible for the completion of all compliance-related PM, inspections, tests, and recordkeeping.
- Join and participate in safety and other relevant committees.
- Follow policies and procedures of Natera’s regulatory and compliance support group.
- Assures that the Statement of Conditions is prepared and submitted timely.
Administrative – 10%
- Schedule department personnel in manner that best meets company and department’s needs.
- Implement/manage Natera’s Facility Management policies and procedures.
- Work in conjunction with leadership or appropriate committee in the implementation of Natera’s standard policies and procedures, especially where accreditation or regulatory requirements for the company are involved.
- Attend/participate in appropriate committee meetings