Pacific Biosciences designs, manufactures, and sells DNA sequencing equipment, chips and reagents for life science research and applications. The company is seeking a talented, driven and experienced Facilities Director to manage the company’s Menlo Park campus facility and other sites globally. The candidate must have a depth of relevant experience in all aspects of Facilities management, strong interpersonal skills for dealing with all levels of the organization, project management skills, and the strategic and tactical skills necessary for managing Pacific Bioscience’s diverse facilities requirements.
The Director of Facilities Job Description:
* Provide strong leadership, management and world-class services for all Corporate Facilities functions, including Real Estate, Work Place Resources, Security, EHS, Construction Management, Maintenance & Operations.
* Manage a staff of four Facilities Operations Team Members, including the Senior Manager of Work Place Resources and Corporate Security, the Manager of EH&S, and two Senior Technicians. Take a hands-on approach and lead by example while promoting a “team and positive work environment” to ensure and achieve zero downtime for all plant operations.
* Maintain and support the building fixtures, special equipment, chemicals and gasses required for manufacturing operations, research and development, and our on-site applications laboratory.
* Lead Facilities Projects for the company and provide solutions that closely align with the company’s overall goals.
* Evaluate, recommend and implement policies and procedures for all Facilities related issues with emphasis on process improvement for Manufacturing and Research & Development organizations.
* Manage a $6.5 million annual spending budget. Develop and monitor budget projections, timelines, and project plans, and assure projects are completed on or under budget and always on time.
* Establish effective working relationships with City and County agencies, contractors and vendors; negotiate agreements and contracts and monitor the work of contractors. Work with local officials as needed to obtain permits for new construction and renovations.