All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
- Leadership role in the engineering team responsible for informatics platform for genomics
- Lead the development of multiple platform services using micro service, multi-tenancy, and scalable architectures
- Lead the transformation of monolith applications into micro service based platform services
- Manage 4-6 scrum teams with the total team size of 25-35 developers and testers.
- 15+ years of experience in the software development, and 7+ years in managing teams of size 20-30 to build/deliver well-built multi-tenant SaaS products to market.
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or Engineering
- Good knowledge / experience with agile processes, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration; mentors others in an effort to improve development process more broadly
- Strong people skills
- Proven ability to architect new SaaS products for flexibility, stability, and scale.
- Proven ability across multiple projects to deliver great products on-time and on-budget with an attention to every detail. Your creations should be elegant, robust, and excite our customers. You must show yourself to be a master craftsman and artist at what you do.
- A pragmatic problem-solver who can identify the essence of a problem and deliver simple, elegant solutions to that problem.
- Ability to hire and develop the right engineering talent for our platform development.
- Experience with multi-tenant and Lambda architectures using relational databases such as MySQL and PostGres and NoSQL platforms such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo, etc
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.