Director of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
LifeEdit is an early stage biotech company based in RTP, NC that is discovering novel gene editing systems from a proprietary microbial collection and using them to develop next-generation therapeutics. LifeEdit has several undisclosed relationships and will undergo significant expansion in the next 18 months. We are currently looking for outstanding candidates to fill several key leadership positions in order to foster our growth and success. This is an excellent opportunity to get in early and help build a successful therapeutics company.
The Director of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics will join our senior management team and will be in charge of all aspects of computational, bioinformatic, and data analytic support for the discovery of novel gene editing systems and the development of cell and gene therapies using these systems. The successful candidate will play a critical role in developing and advancing corporate initiatives and strategic direction.
- Broad responsibility for creating, developing, and building our computational, bioinformatic, and data analytic capabilities
- Recruit, manage, and mentor team members
- Serve as a hands-on leader
- Proactively identify needs and develop computational, bioinformatic, and data analytic methods to support and enhance gene discovery and gene editing projects
- Structure and store data to enable data mining and machine learning
- Create compelling data visualizations for internal and external presentations
- Monitor and evaluate new and emerging computational and analytic technologies
- Serve as part of a broader leadership team in setting goals, strategy, budgets, and evaluating project progress