At Affymetrix, we are passionate about enabling our customers, scientists, and clinicians to improve human health and wellness by understanding and applying biology for a better world. Our employees bring talent, creativity, collaboration, and energy to what they do. Join us at Affymetrix and make a difference.
Director, Commercial (Sales and Marketing) Operations
The Director Commercial Operations (DCO) manages support functions essential to sales and marketing productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales and marketing program implementation, and sales compensation design. The DCO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the global commercial organization. Reporting to the Executive VP and Chief Commercial Officer, the DCO also works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales and marketing organizations.
* Coordinates cross functional interactions between Commercial, Business Units, Operations and Finance
* Leads the development of tools for global sales forecasting and analysis and drives the processes to deliver accurate, reliable and timely forecasts and other data to senior management in a uniform manner
* Provides consistent, timely and accurate revenue & sales reporting and develops new systems to efficiently track revenue across the sales regions.
* Serves as the global business owner for SFDC and drives and innovates continuous improvements to the system, partnering with Sales, Marketing and Support leadership to ensure all facets of Commercial are considered
Owns and ensures global implementation of an Affymetrix Customer Master model. Enforces best practice process to facilitate the quality of customer information
* Leads incentive plan design and coordinates effective communication with finance team on such matters
* Leads the annual revenue planning process and ensures delivery of effective tools to drive simplistic rollup and visualization of inputs/outputs
* Leads the development of tools and the processes for reporting of sales and marketing analytics, trend analysis, customer data, etc.
* Develops and owns system for routine and ad* hoc reporting
* Manages and updates internal sales reporting system to ensure accuracy
* Manages quoting system and associated tools and drives improvements as warranted
* Develops metrics to be routinely measured for the Commercial organization and reports out as required
* Assists Sales Management in global territory design and leads internal implementation
* Strives for continuous improvement and uniformity in global Commercial operations processes, procedures, and tools to improve Commercial effectiveness and recommends initiatives to accomplish such improvement
* Manages end of quarter revenue drive
* Plan and coordinate training and development of commercial team
* Provides analysis, guidance, and insight to senior Commercial management
* Manages North American customer service functions to ensure accurate and efficient order processing and world class customer satisfaction levels
* Monitors reagent rental/loaner deals for meeting commitments
* Selects, leads, develops, and evaluates personnel
* Develops Commercial policies and procedures
* Manages special projects as required and/or assigned
* Serves as a member of the Commercial Management team
Yrs of related experience:
8* 10 years managerial
8* 10 years managerial
Competencies: (skills, knowledge, abilities)
Interpersonal skills, Results oriented, Change Leader, Influencing
Program Project Management
Level of Autonomy and Complexity:
* Ensures meeting of operational objectives; contributes to development and execution of strategic company policies and objectives; finalizes decisions on administrative/operational matters
* Works on problems that require deep understanding of company; contributes to development of evaluation criteria and techniques for projects; ensures budgets/schedules meet corporate requirements
* Directs activities of managers in broad functional area; has control over goals, budget, staffing, planning, etc; recommends and institutes changes to practices
* Errors in judgment or failure to accomplish goals will have threatening impact on overall success of company
Affymetrix, Inc., (NASDAQ:AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving the genomic revolution. We provide leadership and support, partnering with customers in pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading academic, government, and non* profit research institutes in their quest to use biology for a better world. More than 2,300 microarray systems have been shipped around the world, and more than 94,000 publications have referenced Affymetrix technologies. Affymetrix is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has manufacturing facilities in Cleveland, Ohio, San Diego, California, Singapore, and Vienna, Austria. We have approximately 1,100 employees worldwide and maintain sales and distribution operations across Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment and are committed to supporting their aspirations and achievements. We recognize that our strength and competitive advantage lie within providing meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and work* life balance. Our competitive total rewards programs (e.g., compensation, benefits, development, etc.) reflect our high regard for our employees. For more information about Affymetrix, please visit www.affymetrix.com.
Affymetrix is an EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity