The Director of Clinical Operations is responsible for providing operational oversight within the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance's main campus ambulatory clinics at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. This leader will provide administrative, clinical, and strategic direction within the clinic while mentoring and developing the nursing leadership and support staff in SCCA. He/she will foster physician relationships and ensure all physician activities are maximized. This individual will have the skills and understanding of how an ambulatory cancer site functions as well as the business acumen to strategically develop and enhance clinic operations, patient flow, and patient experience.
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Purpose & Mission:
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) brings together the leading research teams and cancer specialists of Fred Hutch, Seattle Children's, and UW Medicine. One extraordinary group whose sole mission is the pursuit of better, longer, richer lives for our patients. SCCA's purpose is to provide state-of-the-art, patient and family centered care; support the conduct of cancer clinical research and education; enhance access to improved cancer interventions; and advance the standard of cancer care regionally and beyond.
Every individual at SCCA plays a unique role in supporting our mission. Our collective success hinges on each of us conducting ourselves in accord with a set of core values:
- We are patient-centered. Everything we do must be linked to our ability to deliver better, safer outcomes for our patients.
- We are innovative. We nurture an environment that fosters unconventional thinking, a passion for discovery, and the open-mindedness to invite discovery from unexpected places.
- We are respectful. We are deeply respectful of our patients, their families, and each of our colleagues who serve them in so many different and important ways.
- We are collaborative. We understand that asking for and offering help in how to do better is not just a right, but among our most important responsibilities.
- We are agile. We cannot just be comfortable with change; we must embrace it as proof that we are making progress.
- We are responsible: Because our work is focused on people's well-being, we approach it with the highest level of ethical, fiduciary, and environmental responsibility.
Employees must adhere to all SCCA policies and processes, including the SCCA Code of Conduct and all HIPAA privacy requirements.
The Director of Clinical Operations will report to VP Clinical Operations, Chief Nursing Executive of Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Clinical Operations provides leadership and operational oversight within their clinical areas of responsibility in partnership with the senior management team, peers and physicians to achieve the organization's strategic goals, translate research across areas, and develop a collaborative work environment. This leader provides administrative, clinical, and strategic direction while mentoring and developing leaders and staff.
Below are the key duties and responsibilities for the Director of Clinical Operations:
- Enhance operational effectiveness utilizing LEAN methodologies to provide efficiencies within the clinics, using solid data and analytics that directly impact key metrics related to people, service, growth, margin, and quality.
- Provide timely and accurate financial and operational statistics to the physicians and staff regarding productivity and operational performance.
- Drive consistent standards across all clinics in conjunction with processes and standards.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization (e.g., customers, peers, cross-functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) to advance business goals.
- Encourage new ideas and innovations; design and implement new or cutting edge programs/processes.
- Drive high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishments while holding self and others accountable for measureable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Translate strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Ensures clinic processes, culture, and provider/staff behaviors support a superior patient experience.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive efficiency and patient experience.
- Build and manage workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs; ensure that employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised, and rewarded.
- Understand and keep up-to-date on local, national, and international policies and trends that affect the organization and shape stakeholders' views; is aware of the organization's impact on the eternal environment.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and mentoring to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
The Director of Clinical Operations provides leadership and operational oversight within their clinical areas of responsibility in partnership with the senior management team, peers and physicians to achieve the organization's strategic goals, translate research across areas, and
develop a collaborative work environment. This leader provides administrative, clinical, and strategic direction while mentoring and developing leaders and staff.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
Required for this job:
- Fiscal management skills including budget preparation, monitoring and management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage through change
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and empathy in an emotionally challenging environment
- Conflict mitigation, mediation, and resolution skills
- Ability to identify and triage issues appropriately
- Emotional Intelligence - Ability to perceive, understand, use, and manage our and others' emotions to achieve intended goals
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to work in a high pressure, time-sensitive, and complex health care environment
- Ability to lead negotiations to a successful outcome
- Ability to provide constructive and effective feedback
- Experience with the MS Office Suite
Preferred for this job:
- Experience with process improvement methodologies such as Lean
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS*
- EDUCATION LICENSES/ CERTIFICATIONS/ REGISTRATIONS
- Required:Masters' Degree in health care or another related field
Preferred: Active clinical license Relevant clinical, professional, or management certifications
- Years of Relevant Experience Required: Five to seven years of progressive management experience in Healthcare or related field.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2363302-2647-321