TriLink Biotechnologies is seeking a Director, Business Development professional responsible for driving revenue via direct client interactions to support the company’s annual growth objectives. This role will drive core and custom product revenue via direct client interactions to support the company’s growth objectives, develop and nurture key/strategic account relationships, foster collaborations with KOLs, and work with GMP team to introduce new clients into the GMP pipeline.
Successful performance increases core and custom revenue, profitability, and market share while developing long term, beneficial partnerships for TriLink Biotechnologies. Responsibilities include:
- Act as a sales and marketing driver for the TriLink Biotechnologies business by identifying, developing and implementing key development activities to exceed revenue goals.
- Develop high level, strategic relationships to develop new OEM, diagnostic, life science and therapeutic strategic accounts.
- Develop deep knowledge of territory and clients leading to recurring accurate assessment of opportunities and precise forecasting of sales.
- Maintain critical current knowledge of mRNA, oligo and bioconjugation applications and trends via attendance at key conferences, meetings and symposia.
- Actively contribute Voice of Customer (VOC) to the development of marketing strategies and tactics to support core and custom products sales objectives.
- Contribute to effective educational and marketing campaigns to support expansion of both brand and product awareness in the custom oligo, mRNA, bioconjugation, amidite and reagent sectors.
- Utilize appropriate internal resources to address client issues and move revenue opportunities forward.
- Professionally and proactively communicate with external and internal customers. Work with internal teams to create customer facing documents (contracts, supply agreements, etc.) of the highest professional level and accuracy.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Biology, Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Genomics, Biochemistry or related discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial experience in Molecular Biology, Genomics and/or Biologic CMO sales and/or business development.
- Proven track record of demonstrated success in a broad range of areas including, but not limited to business development, marketing and sales.
- Excellent computer software skills with demonstrable expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com.
- Proficiency with verbal and written communication in English. Strong presentation skills required.
- Working language proficiency in French, German, Spanish, Italian, or Chinese is not required but would be a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills.
- Travel up to 40% of the time to support sales, business development activities, conferences, and training.
- Ability to work independently in a home office.
TriLink Biotechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and retirement plan.
TriLink Biotech is an EEO Employer