Responsible to manage, plan direct and coordinate the general operations of the Research Grade manufacturing service level supporting the Aldevron-Fargo site. The position has key responsibility and oversight for operational functions of the site to include RG Production and support personnel. At this level, the position has a direct contribution to the development of functional strategies and responsibility for managing multiple teams. The Director, Biomanufacturing-RG is to assure that the site stays on schedule with regard to production and shipping, meeting the demand/revenue targets, and profitability measures to meet or exceed the organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor departmental objectives and schedules including setting priorities and performance expectations while ensuring alignment with expected deliverables, site metrics and company goals.
- As appropriate, coordinate and lead process improvement implementation for area of responsibility
- Interface directly with clients to provide RG manufacturing informational updates.
- Serve as subject matter expert during client visits and new project set ups. Collaborate with site management to address any follow-up actions.
- Oversee, lead and direct all manufacturing activities for RG service level to ensure products are manufactured, packaged, shipped and stored according to procedures in support of the manufacturing forecast, in compliance with all internal and client requirements.
- Accountable for identification of gaps, remediation and developing action plans for the implementation of systems to meet short and long term manufacturing goals.
- Responsible for maintaining a smooth flow of work between departments. Keeps priority on key metrics related to RG service levels operational efficiencies and capital/resource utilization.
- Provide leadership and direction to the organization's objectives.
- Partner with Process/Product Development, for the design and implementation of high yielding production processes with high success rates and minimal process investigations or discrepancies.
- Ensures plans and resources (people, facilities, supplies etc.) are efficiently utilized to ensure uninterrupted supply of products produced.
- Point person for technical issues and liaisons with internal groups to facilitate issue resolution.
- Maximize the success rate for production operations by instituting programs to minimize human error, mechanical failure, contaminations and procedural error. Support strategic plans for process and facility improvements in order to increase efficiency and manage costs.
- Accountable for results in terms of overall operation costs and budgets, efficiency, productivity, continuous improvements, all measured through various metrics including yields, throughput efficiencies, labor and material costs and variances.
- Actively participate in process and product development/optimization, scale-up and tech transfer.
- All employees are responsible for the general upkeep of work and shared spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.