Virtual / Telecommute: 80%
Travel within California: 10%
Travel outside of California: 10%
We're rapidly growing and looking for innovative leaders to join our team!
As Director of Bioinformatics IT, you will be responsible for implementing and managing the bioinformatics and information technology initiatives of Sequencing.com.
You will work collaboratively with Executive Management to manage, optimize and evolve the company’s bioinformatics information technology system. This includes being the team lead for the Bioinformatics Team, IT Team and Cloud Team consisting of the day-to-day management of backend, frontend and cloud systems.
As Director of Bioinformatics, you will join our ambitious, entrepreneurial team in designing, building and managing the Sequencing.com platform, including APIs and apps, that turn genetic data into useful information. We’re looking for a bioinformatics programmer who has the passion and imagination to help us turn massive amounts of unstructured and semi-structured genetic data into knowledge, insights, and useful information for bioinformaticians, researchers, healthcare professionals and individuals.
Position reports to the CEO.
- Lead the Bioinformatics IT team including a team of backend, frontend and cloud software developers
- Manage agile development cycles including code reviews and assessment of deliverables and milestones
- Manage and optimize the day-to-day performance, scalability and user experience of the Sequencing.com platform
- Oversee integration of new apps from 3rd party app developers and 3rd party sites into Sequencing.com's App Market
- Use your scientific background, coding expertise and creativity to develop and launch new apps and improve existing apps in Sequencing.com’s App Market
- Maintain, develop, optimize and grow API and app pipeline
- Improve the platform's universal genetic data compatibility including searching for and optimizing compatibility for previously unseen and new genetic data formats
- Find, structure, integrate, and maintain a large number of genomics reference datasets
- Develop and run internal bioinformatics product validation efforts including continuous integration testing
- Write technical guides and create demos for end-users