Job Title: Director, Artificial Intelligence
Reports To: Deputy Director, BGI Research
Complete Genomics is looking for an exceptional expert and leader for a Director of Artificial Intelligence (AI) position. This individual will lead the AI team that is responsible for designing and developing an AI based system for a large scale biological database to analyze and interpret the data, conduct self-learning, and generate advanced knowledge. This position will also lead a group of bioinformatics scientists, mathematicians, and computer scientists primarily in China to assist the development and application of methods and tools for genome sequence assembly and analysis. The ideal candidate should possess an advanced understanding of artificial intelligence, have superior leadership and cross-functional communication skills, and manage complex projects and influence multi-disciplinary teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, retain, and develop high quality Artificial Intelligence (AI) staff. Manage performance of direct reports and in-direct reports.
- Provide scientific, technical, and organizational leadership for the Artificial Intelligence group in support of large scale biological database goals, including analyzing, searching, and virtualization of this dataset.
- Lead the team to develop novel tools (especially AI based tools) to analyze large scale biological data.
- Guide funding applications, patent applications, and scientific research. Present research results at academic conferences.
- Explore future directions of AI research.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.