The Director Account Development is a key position within the organization with significant prospects for career growth as the company continues to increase the breadth and scope of its business. This position reports directly to the President and is a member of the management team.
Near term assignments will focus on managing the rapidly growing existing and expanding account base by providing customer service and project management roles and organizing/facilitating technical interactions between clients and the company’s scientific staff, with a primary focus on the Noble Gaithersburg operation. The responsibilities are expected to grow into a key leadership role to further expand the sales, marketing and new account development capabilities of the company across all its operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Selling preclinical services through the management of current accounts in order to retain and to achieve additional business as well as for developing new accounts to achieve sales targets. Develops accounts by monitoring customer's existing projects for successful completion to stated goals; proposing related and new services; and explaining benefits of Noble’s preclinical services.
- Managing and completing all sales operation processes including the preparation and issuance of new business proposals, statements of works and quotes; managing project pricing for new project proposals, using company pricing templates and reviewing and revising them as required; completing all MTA’s, CDA’s and MSA’s required for effective customer interactions, using current company templates and obtaining management approval for key changes. These processes require close communication with senior management and the scientific and operations teams.
- Assuring quick response to all inquiries and requests for proposals, quotes, etc. Establishing and maintaining a tracking mechanism of the status of all new business opportunities. Maintaining a project tracking and revenue forecasting tool.
- Assuring the timely completion of all project reporting and billing.
- Assuring that client audits are accomplished and that follow up is completed in a timely fashion. Works with other team members in preparing the site for client audits.
- Leadership in maintaining and expanding utilities of the company’s CRM system (salesforce.com) both for the incumbent’s own use in opportunity tracking as well as supporting its adoption and use companywide.
- Responding to inquiries for new and custom services by researching and consulting with scientific and operations staff regarding development of new requirements and capabilities, costs and pricing.
- Providing administrative management of all customer-interaction related materials and requirements, including exhibit materials and booths, business cards, marketing materials, fact sheets, telephone answering, web inquiries, etc. Creating and/or expanding the company’s use of social media, e.g. LinkedIn site and groups, twitter, etc. When necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits.
- Keeps organization informed as to the progress of sales and account management.
- Longer term the incumbent will provide a principle leadership role in defining proactive sales and marketing strategies for new account and new business development and growth of existing business base, including:
- Designing and implementing strategies for expanding the company’s sales and account development capabilities and team.
- Designing and implementing strategies for marketing the company’s existing and expanding offerings through newsletters/e-newsletters, direct marketing, trade shows, social media, etc.