Digital Program and Operations Director
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Program and Operations Director manages digital program and operations management for the Agilent Digital organization. This key role leads the digital PMO and has accountability for execution of the digital plan of record. This position partners with digital and IT leadership, product lines and other business partners to define initiatives and execute the overall digital program. In addition, this position leads digital operations and support including the India based digital operations center. The position reports into the global head of Agilent Digital.
- Lead the digital program management office.
- Oversee and manage the digital initiative lifecycle through planning, execution and commercialization.
- Facilitate program management processes (intake, discovery and approval) with departmental stakeholders, IT leadership and digital strategy & planning.
- Coach, mentor, manage, educate and develop skill sets of program, project and operations teams
- Collaborate with business organizations, digital and IT leadership on project delivery processes, project estimating, and resource allocation and planning
- Coordinate the development of detailed project plans, resource, work, and cost estimates, critical path assessment, budgets and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation
- Collect and generate the performance metrics for business outcomes and overall program performance
- Effectively engage stakeholders in program development, prioritization, and execution
- Assess program risks by evaluating delivery performance, available resources, benefits and budget Effectively communicate problems, issues, risks, solutions to appropriate stakeholders and leadership
- Facilitate and manage ongoing program planning and project delivery processes in partnership with IT counterparts.
- Develop executive level presentations and present as needed
- Act as a strategic liaison between executives, business management/employees, the project management office, and IT
- On an ongoing basis, monitor the metrics of all projects for significant deviations in quality, schedule, or cost.
- 7+ years leading a program management office for a large (fortune 500) multinational company.
- Experience with complex enterprise application systems, distributed applications, web applications, and system integration solutions
- 12+ years' experience in project/program/portfolio management leading large scale, complex digital initiatives with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Significant experience with PLM methodologies including a strong background in Agile. Project Management Institute PMP certification preferred.
- Six-sigma certification with black belt level preferred.
- Bachelor's in business, computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field. Master's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply