Providence is calling a full-time Development Technologist 2 for a rotating/variable shift position at Providence Office Park in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our rapidly growing molecular diagnostic laboratory development team. The candidate will be responsible for supporting development on a variety of Next Generation Sequencing, gene expression and real time PCR platforms in our CLIA laboratory.
Qualified candidates must have experience in routine and advanced molecular techniques, quality control, proficiency testing, and procedure writing. Past experience in sample preparation, nucleic acid extraction, conventional PCR, Real-Time PCR and measurement of nucleic acid quality and quantity is required. Experience with Sanger sequencing, gene expression, and Next Generation Sequencing techniques is preferred.
In this position, you will:
• Have responsibilities which include comprehensive development of high complexity laboratory test methodologies and procedures, utilizing in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge of instruments and methodologies.
• Be responsible for developing, analyzing and implementing test methodologies that produce accurate and timely patient results.
• Be capable of performing pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical duties including specimen evaluation, data analysis, instrument maintenance and problem resolution.
• Work with acute-care and outpatient caregivers, vendors, consultants, and other Laboratory Services staff in performing their duties.
• Be expected to possess an understanding of Providence Health & Services and Laboratory Services goals and strategies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science (CLS), medical technology (MT), chemistry, microbiology or a human biological science with greater than 5 years relevant experience in a clinical, molecular diagnostics or research laboratory setting OR a Master’s degree in a health-related field or the sciences with a minimum of 5 years experience
• A HEW certificate may be substituted for the specified degree
• Documented coursework and/or experience in project management, test development and implementation
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Leadership skills and experience
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.