We are seeking a highly motivated Development Scientist or Senior Development Scientist to join Natera’s R&D group. The new team member will participate in Natera’s R&D activities with the goal of developing new tests for prenatal care and oncology. The successful candidate will have a track record of developing diagnostic tests or reagent kits in a regulated environment. Responsibilities:
- Develop reagents kits and protocols for use in new tests for Natera’s clinical laboratory and other regulated markets
- Plan, execute, analyze, and document product development, verification, validation experiments with superb attention to detail under a design control system
- Ensure product stability by employing proven development practices – optimization, guardband testing, gauge R&R, stability testing, LOQ, etc.
- Develop and implement quality control procedures for critical reagents and processes
- Perform data analysis with advanced analytical tools (JMP, Excel, R); make fundamental scientific contributions toward producing robust products
- Keep a detailed laboratory notebook and summarize work in research reports and laboratory meeting presentations
- Communicate results with colleagues and R&D management