As a Development Engineer for BD Genomics you will work as part of the Protocol Development Team, in the development of automated machines for biological applications. Position Summary:
- Support the development of automated machines for biological applications; integrating liquid handling, thermal management, pneumatics, robotic and electronic subsystems.
- Support the debugging, verification, validation and reliability testing of instrument systems.
- Analyze interpret test results.
- Collaborate with the Applications/Biology group to optimize the performance of instrument systems.
- Report and present system performance data to the Engineering and Application/Biology groups.
- Support transfer to manufacture, interacting with the Operations team and providing technical expertise when required.
- Execute activities within R&D to meet project goals.
- Development of test plans & methods.