Location/Division Specific Information
Sunnyvale, CA / Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
How will you make an impact?
As part of the chromatography consumables business, you will collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of scientists and product marketing to create next generation HPLC and UHPLC products used for the separation and analysis of chemical compounds and biomolecules. You will brainstorm creative approaches and tackle complex problems to introduce new and improved products for a wide range of customers including the clinical, pharmaceutical, and regulatory industries.
What will you do?
This role will function as an R&D leader for chemistry scale-up and process development of chromatographic media for HPLC chromatography columns. This work is critical to the development of equipment and procedures for consistent manufacturing of high quality products for our customers.
- Lead the development, optimization, and scale up processes for the manufacturing of chromatographic media from the 100’s g scale to 1-10kg scale for new products and current products critical to the business
- Perform daily hands-on work with equipment for chemical synthesis, separations and purification with a focus on scale-up and late stage process development
- Interface with R&D chemists and operations to identify and optimize key manufacturing parameters of new processes and processes identified for chromatographic media production
- Implement process controls to monitor and control in-process parameters critical to product performance
- Design manufacturing processes and testing protocols (e.g., instrumental analysis) that are manufacturing friendly, highly reproducible, easy to implement, and accurately indicate product performance
- Design, evaluate and work with suppliers on new equipment and hardware to purchase or for the modification current equipment
- Write detailed SOPs and work with operations engineers to transfer processes and train personnel within a ISO90001 Quality Management System
- Analyze and report results to management to measure development progress and product transfer success
- Partner with cross-functional teams in identifying and selecting Lean Projects/Kaizen Events that are aligned to key business priorities