Are you familiar with the processes and procedures of a scientific laboratory? Do you have solid experience with application software development? How would you like to work on development of laboratory technology solutions in an organization working to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health?
If so, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine has a great opportunity for you in Farmington Connecticut. We are seeking a Developer/Analyst with solid experience in application software development and business analysis. The ideal candidate will also have a background in Laboratory Information Management Systems, Electronic Laboratory Notebook and other technical solutions necessary to move our research efforts forward.
Successful candidates will be part of a team of researchers and computational scientists that support multiple primary investigators and their teams achieve results.
- Lead functional and technical requirements development
- Assess and validate solution options against requirements
- Participate in design, configuration and customization of solutions
- Author As Is and To Be workflows, requirements, use cases, and other relevant documentation
- Lead design efforts and code development
- Develop code based on coding standards and requirements
- Perform Unit Testing on developed code
- Perform regular code reviews
- Write and refactor code for reuse, efficiency, and extensibility
- Author application and system design documents, document implementation and operation processes
- Develop a high proficiency in commercial enterprise LIMS software systems