Deputy Project Delivery Manager, DNA Sequencing
(Genomics England Project)
Illumina Cambridge, Little Chesterford
Illumina are one of the global leaders in NGS (Next Generation DNA Sequencing) technology, providing innovative hardware, reagent and software solutions that are revolutionizing the genomics and healthcare space. As a pioneer in this area, Illumina collaborate with a number of prestigious research centres and academic institutes to help validate technology, raise company profile and drive product development.
Illumina has been collaborating with Genomics England on a landmark project to sequence 100,000 human genomes as part of a far-reaching human health research plan.
Illumina are looking for a proactive Deputy Project Delivery Manager to assist with coordination of the resources of this key Illumina venture. We are looking for candidates who have a strong grasp of fast paced laboratory sampling process, who understands the opposing demands of speed, quality, cost and customer satisfaction and can help define a process to achieve the right balance. The incumbent will be expected to work closely with our external partners to facilitate everything from sample reception to satisfaction appraisal at the point of delivery, so needs to be a highly credible Illumina representative.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with management of people and resources as part of cross-functional team to deliver against a service level agreement
- Collect information for technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, and present data at regular progress review meetings both internally and with customers
- Involved in the execution of high quality, integrated cross-functional plans for projects.
- Maintain rigorous standards required to meet ISO accreditation
- Coordinate with external laboratories to facilitate sample reception, processing and delivery of results to agreed targets.
- Ensure smooth data coordination within the production site
- Work closely with the Process Development function to appraise and advise on the production efficiencies
Interact with customers and internal groups eg Fast Track Services and Illumina Clinical Services Laboratory, applications group, computational biology, molecular biology and sequencing groups, for the purpose of establishing equivalent, synchronized production sequencing infrastructure and analysis capability for human genome sequencing.