DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
DuPont Pioneer is seeking a Research Scientist-Bioinformatics in the Data Science and Informatics group. This position will drive research that connects multiple levels of data across genomics, epigenetics, chromatin structure, and gene expression. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists and software developers from across research departments to conduct novel experiments and develop business processes, particularly for Pioneer’s industry leading genome editing pipeline (http://crisprcas.pioneer.com).
The successful candidate will have an extensive background and track record in computational and applied genomic analyses, and proven record for completing complex and in-depth analytics. Individuals who have a deep understanding and passion for genomic investigation are encouraged to apply: we are looking for those creative, smart, driven individuals who enjoy tackling tough analytics problems.
- Conducts computational biology analyses around genome associated data, including, but not limited to, genomic assembly, comparative genomics, DNA structural assessment, and associated genomic phenotypes.
- Drive research to identify patterns pertaining to regulatory networks and dissecting the dark matter of Pioneer’s crop genomes.
Work collaboratively across all of R&D to produce bioinformatic processes to advance genome science. Communication and team work are key elements of this role.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of novel computational biology and bioinformatics techniques targeted towards improved regulatory network determination.
- Interact with teams of researchers to digest and summarize large amounts of data, interpret scientific results, and communicate scientific findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Make scientific evaluations, recommendations, and routine communications to scientists regarding the performance and utility of advanced computational techniques that integrate biological, physiological, environment, phenotypic and genomic data.
- Identify, design, develop and help implement data analysis tools to meet project goals and timelines, communicate key issues and discoveries appropriately.