We are looking for a full stack developer for RD-Connect, an EU FP7 funded project which aims to build an integrated platform connecting databases, registries, biobanks and clinical bioinformatics for rare disease research.
RD-Connect is worldwide collaboration, so the applicant will be required to work with other world-class international research groups besides the CNAG team. The developer will work closely with CNAG database developers and report to the Bioinformatics Analysis Group leader.
The successful candidate will participate in designing and building the database and portal for the RD-Connect platform using a mix of languages and tools to process and display the data. Therefore, experience using multiple programming languages and paradigms is required and experience using large datasets is desirable.
The initial duration of the contract is for two years with a possibility of extension and professional development.
- Design, development and maintenance of the platform database and back-end.
- Design, development and maintenance of platform front-end.
- Integrate analysis tools.
- Collaborate with data analysts.
- Interact with international partners in the RD-Connect project.