Working as part of a team, the Data Technician initiates the reporting process and is responsible for a variety of activities to support the generation and delivery of reports and associated materials following genetic testing.
Myriad Genetic Laboratories performs high-throughput genetic testing. The environment is fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic.
This position is day shift (approx. 8am-5pm), Mon-Fri.
• File and manage patient charts
• Prepare patient records and test results for clinical review
• Assemble report packages and initiate electronic and physical delivery
• Handle exceptions/troubleshoot
• Identify errors and initiate investigation/resolution
• Image documents and maintain electronic records
• Participate in continuous improvement efforts to improve quality and productivity
• Additional responsibilities as defined by manager
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities
• Good written and verbal communication
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong computer skills
• Good organization
• Strong analytical/problem solving
High school diploma required—Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Analyzing, Repetitive motion, lifting up to 20 lbs