Apply your computational skills to solving the hardest problems in big-data genomics and have a wide impact on science and clinical practice, including cancer and other diseases. Join a lively team of data scientists and software engineers dedicated to creating the GATK (http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk/), a widely used and successful software toolkit for applying next-generation DNA sequencing to medical genetics.
The GATK team is an integral part of the Data Science and Data Engineering group at the Broad Institute, a research institution that is transforming medicine and human health by building software to organize, process, and visualize scientific data on an unprecedented scale. As part of this job, you will conceive and develop algorithms and analysis approaches to solve the key challenges for emerging DNA/RNA sequencing technologies, instantiating these ideas in reliable and scalable software tools that will be applied to scientific projects and used to inform clinical decisions, with revolutionary implications in medical and cancer genetics.
You will apply computational techniques to design and implement analysis tools to solve complex computational and mathematical problems in genomics. You will work collaboratively with other data scientists on computational-biology research in a fast-paced environment. Your work will be expected to enable the research of other program scientists through excellent communication, teamwork, and a focus on creating usable and accessible research software tools. You must be capable of working in an interactive team environment while conducting self-directed research within broader goals set by group.
NO EXPERIENCE WITH BIOLOGY IS REQUIRED.
- Devise new algorithms and approaches to genomic data analysis.
- Rapidly prototype these ideas and validate their value on novel data sets.
- Be involved in the effort to implement and optimize successful algorithms in the pipeline and for use by the broader community.
- Gather information from, and present results to a broad range of non-computational staff.
- Prepare written reports and presentations for internal use and publication.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or a related field is required.
- Experience in computational biology or genomics is a plus.
- Experience working on a team is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written
- English communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems individually and as part of a team
- Expertise within one of the following fields: Genetics, Genomics, Statistics, or
- Algorithm Development
- Experience building substantial software projects in one or more modern programming languages
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2280701-2647-2021