We are searching for a data scientist that will help build, maintain, and extract value from Twist’s data. This position will work closely with operations, bioinformatics, and informatics, to ensure that all relevant data is captured and annotated correctly; integrated seamlessly into our data reservoir and analytics database; and analyzed in depth to bring to light insights that will help improve Twist’s operations. The successful candidate, first and foremost, will have a background in molecular biology and a strong understanding of synthetic biology, sequencing, and bench science. This position, however, will focus on data management and analysis rather than bench work. Longer-term expansion into analysis of the commercial side of Twist will be an option. Strong communications and interpersonal skills are absolutely required.
- Performing investigations to identify problems or inefficiencies in our process, and suggesting actions to improve operations
- Establishing data capture streams
- Helping to build and maintain Twist’s data reservoir through curation, metadata capture, parsing, and custom scripting
- Working with R&D, Bioinformatics, and informatics to define data analysis methods and metrics that track quality, with an emphasis on NGS sequencing
- Working with operations to set up and monitor the day-to-day data tracking in our lab.