Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Assistant Research Coordinator will work with the research team to collect and abstract clinical data from medical records and research charts, and work closely with the physicians and research staff in providing administrative, technical and data entry support for research projects. In addition, the Assistant Research Coordinator is responsible for preparing and managing regulatory documentation for industry sponsored, investigator initiated and national cooperative group clinical trials.
This position must be able to work independently on multiple research projects. This position requires daily interaction with physicians, other health care personnel (e.g. nurses, patient care coordinators, patient service representatives, and medical assistants), pharmaceutical company sponsors and any other groups integral to the successful completion of the data needs for the research project.
This position coordinates and monitors clinical trial regulatory activities in support of a significant number of complex interventional clinical protocols and supports compliance with regulatory documentation requirements for the conduct and sponsorship of FDA-regulated studies.
This position is supervised by and reports to the Research Manager and works directly with the Lead Study Coordinator.
The Assistant Research Coordinator position requires understanding of the research protocols and translation of the research needs into appropriate data and regulatory requirements. She/He will integrate information from multiple sources and use specialized regulatory knowledge to ensure all clinical trials are compliant with applicable federal and institutional regulation and that data is reported accurately and in a timely manner.
- BA/BS, RRA (Registered Records Administrator), ART (Accredited Records Technician), or two year degree in the medical field. Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in medical records, cancer registry, or related field
- Strong computer skills and experience working with databases
- Previous experience in research and clinical data collection is preferred. This position requires excellent organizational skills, strong problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to take direction from Lead Study Coordinator as well as work independently.
- The willingness to work as part of a cohesive team is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including computer skills are necessary.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE