Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
This person will be responsible for the collection, coordination, processing, and quality control of clinical trial data. The incumbent will need to work well with limited supervision in performing work assignments and is expected to use judgment in data collection, quality control, and liaison activities.
- Review and monitor patient/participant clinical trial data.
- Abstract and code information such as patient/participant treatment and progress.
- Perform routine audits to insure quality and completeness of the data submitted.
- Serve as a liaison and reference resource to Physicians, Investigators, other staff members, and other organizations with questions about data collection or protocol procedures and requirements.
- Monitor adherence to protocol, investigating any violation.
- Maintain computer database.
- Participate in committees with regard to data quality assurance.
- Maintain ongoing contact with data suppliers to insure timely and complete delivery of data.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Provide input to support policies and goals of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS, RRA (Registered Records Administrator), ART (Accredited Records Technician), or two year degree in the medical field
- A minimum of two years of experience in medical records, cancer registry, or related field
- Strong computer skills and experience working with databases
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience abstracting adverse events for clinical trials is strongly preferred
- Medidata RAVE experience (and other Electronic Data Capture Systems experience) is a strong plus
- Knowledge of clinical oncology preferred along with experience with clinical medical records
- Knowledge of statistics
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2355335-2647-1521