We are seeking an experienced Data Center Manager to join the Systems Infrastructure Team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI).
Your work is expected to include the following.
1. Data Centre management responsibilities include:
- Planning space, power, cabling and network requirements for all new equipment
- Planning deliveries with vendors and delivery companies
- Assist in all hardware installations as necessary - compute, networking
- Organise disposal of old equipment - quotes and disposal certification
- Re-location - plan and organise equipment moves between data centres
- Check and monitor Power consumption, phase balancing and distribution using BMS systems
- Observe/monitor all power, temperature and airflow conditions in the data centres
- Monitor troubleshoot and repair failing servers - monitor/respond to ticket systems
- Log all support calls with vendors for server faults - organise downtime for repairs and upgrades.
- Update server firmware - using Dell and Hp tools - Idrac and Hp SUM
- Manage cabling and patching within the data centres, troubleshooting when necessary
- General tidiness and safety within the data centres
- Assist storage team with disk swaps and other maintenance tasks.
- Tracking all new equipment purchasing - storage and compute
- Recording equipment locations in the data centres
- Recording purchasing information for the purchasing and auditing teams
- Liaise with Purchasing and auditing teams, internal and external, for all aspects of asset and auditing.
- Managing the data centre contracts between EBI, Gyron and SSE
- Booking all visitors and deliveries in the data centres
- Ensuring good stocks of cables and any other regularly used equipment