Data Analyst – SickKids
The Genetics and Genome Biology Program is seeking a highly qualified candidate for a Data Analyst position. The data analyst will be a core member of a research group that studies the genetics and epigenetics of brain-related disorders (such as autism spectrum disorder, epilepsy and schizophrenia). The primary responsibilities will be monitoring, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data from whole exome/genome sequencing and microarray. The role of the analyst includes processing data, quality checks, preparing preliminary summary statistics and graphical display of the data. The data analyst will also have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with researchers and clinicians from SickKids and other Toronto hospitals.
Here’s What You’ll Get to Do:
- Formulation of data analysis plans.
- Assist with the preparation of research proposals and grant applications (e.g. sample size calculation and justification).
- Data management and cleaning, analysis, and presentation of results in tables and figures, and contributions to the preparation of manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Literature searches, as required to undertake data analysis and interpretation.
- Attending relevant meetings, rounds or workshops to increase knowledge and skills.
- Maintaining the file that documents the statistical analysis process.
- Mining public genomic databases.