***** THIS IS A PART-TIME (APPROX. 16 HOURS/WEEK), ONE YEAR TEMPORARY POSITION *****
A part-time opportunity to make a contribution to The Cancer Genome Atlas, a project with global impact in the search for a cure for cancer. Work with world-class researchers at the Broad Institute to publish large datasets generated by computational algorithms. Assist with development and maintenance of automated pipelines.
Part-time twice a week, onsite at the Broad Institute.
- Assist cancer genome analysts in preparing data submissions to make available to the TCGA research community.
- Generate automated data submissions for the TCGA research community.
- Identify and address technical issues with automated pipelines.
- Extend the functionality of automated pipelines.
- Assist with documentation of automated pipelines.
- Work with project managers to ensure that requirements and timelines are being met.
- Work with engineers on process or design issues
- Bachelor Degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelor Degree program. Computer Science, Computational Biology, or Bioinformatics preferred
- Proficiency in linux or other unix flavor
- Python experience a big plus
- Knowledge of web services a plus
- Prior involvement or interest in genomics a plus
- Excellent communication skills
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2196875-2647-2421