- Perform daily customer service activities in a call center, to include: order entry, responding to customer inquiries, explaining information regarding test options and results according to Standard Operating Procedures via phone, email, fax or mail.
- Resolve customer concerns utilizing in-house resources
- Resolve order exceptions within the specified time frame outlined in the Order Exception Process
- Provide the customer with written information as needed
- Assist with daily auditing of orders
- Support daily registration functions
- Assist in the daily review of order documentation to identify and stop potential reimbursement issues.
- Refer technical inquiries to appropriate staff and ensure that proper follow up occurs
- Interact with Sales, Laboratory and Billing staff
- Ability to solve problems and deal with variables
- Use telephone, computer and fax machine to correspond with customers regarding open orders
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations and operates in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Maintain excellent customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
- Contribute to and participate in the implementation and continuous improvement process of the department
- Provide adequate reimbursement consultation pre and post sales to our customers
- Assist other departments as necessary
- Spanish speaking Perferred
- Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficient in all Microsoft software applications
- Attention to detail and concern for impact is essential
- Ability to recognize problems and bring them to the attention of a supervisor
- Reimbursement experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in a laboratory environment
- Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions, correspondence and contractual requirements
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours/shifts to meet corporate and departmental goals.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
At Assurex The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.