The Customer Care Advocate provides professional customer service to IDT customers in regards to pricing and order inquiries.
- Fields customer inquiries leading up to and after order placement to provide a positive customer experience.
- Answers all customer inquiries received by phone, email and chat in a timely and thorough manner; documents these interactions in IDT's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Utilizes sales and manufacturing databases for all IDT sales entities to provide informed order and shipment status updates.
- Provides price quotes and/or account information upon request to ensure customers are able to make informed decisions regarding their purchase.
- Reviews orders to screen for most common issues and clarifies any missing/unclear information.
- Resolves complaints by determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem and expediting resolution to the customer's satisfaction.
- Provides administrative support for IDT's sales team.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree with 2 years customer service experience required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office applications and proficiency in typing required.
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to multitask and complete work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to keep key personnel informed and up-to-date of imminent issues.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a group.
- Ability to adjust rules and processes for individual situations as needed.
- Ability to adjust to change in a quick paced environment.
- Knowledge of customer service fundamentals.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.