Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-IA-Coralville
Category Manufacturing Operations
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 5/30/2017
Shift/Schedule MTWThF 12:00P-9:00P (United States of America)
Additonal Information This position resides in the Sequencing & Analytical group
The Custom Quality Control Analyst I ensures the quality of processes and products in support of all manufacturing areas within Integrated DNA Technologies.
- Analyzes data and information for quality, consistency, and accuracy.
- Handles sample and reagent preparations for required assays in a careful manner.
- Uses computers and a variety of custom software in a windows based environment to maintain accurate and detailed sample and instrument records.
- Demonstrates manual dexterity and technical proficiency with pipetting and sample handling.
- Communicates with all levels of peers and management to ensure detailed information transfer.
- Adheres to all departmental protocols, rules, contamination controls, and safety procedures.
- Understands and complies with the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO13485 requirements.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and participates in laboratory cleanliness and organization.
- Organizes and appropriately prioritizes workload to ensure efficiency in product manufacture.
- Executes multiple processes simultaneously (multi-tasks) to ensure efficiency in sample handling.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Departmental Specific Functions:
- Operates a variety of equipment related to NGS and Sanger sequencing; including sample handling equipment and other general laboratory equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a science related field required (Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related life science field preferred); alternatively, an Associate's degree with 2 years of IDT experience required.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (and an emphasis on Excel) required.
Position Specific Experience/Skills
- Experience with sterile techniques required.
- PCR experience required.
- Previous sequencing experience (Sanger and/or Next Generation) preferred.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation (liquid chromatography, spectrophotometers) preferred.
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to manage time well and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically and use information on hand to make an appropriate decision or seek advice from appropriate resources when necessary.
- Ability to receive feedback and coaching from others.
- Flexibility, able to adapt well to changes in process and/or procedure.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, communication styles, and leadership styles.
- Ability to adapt to incorporation of new products and processes continuously required.
- Responsible and committed to a customer service mentality to ensure high quality products are provided to internal and external customers.
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.