NanoString Technologies now seeks to recruit a highly qualified individual to fill the position in the diagnostic testing division of Country Manager – Spain and Portugal. The Country Manager – Spain and Portugal, Diagnostics will be a member of the European commercial diagnostics leadership team, reporting to the EMEA Senior Manager Diagnostics, and will be responsible establishing and growing NanoString's Diagnostic business in his/her area of responsibility. The successful candidate who assumes the role will work closely with the EMEA Senior Manager Diagnostics, to define NanoString's Spain and Portugal go-to-market strategy for diagnostics, and its execution on this new business in the region. The successful candidate for the role will lead the commercial sales strategy of the diagnostic version of the nCounter platform and in vitro diagnostic assays, beginning with the recently approved breast cancer assay (for use by healthcare professionals in the EU and Israel) , PROSIGNA. This new member of the commercial team will have revenue responsibility for the territory and functional responsibility for sales and reimbursement.
The successful candidate for the role will establish business models for market pricing in the region, and then drive growth by articulating a thoughtful, evidence-based rationale for educating and influencing oncologists and pathologists to use NanoString's diagnostic tests to improve outcomes while also reducing costs through the accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment of disease. The successful candidate who assumes the role will consequently need to be comfortable in dialogue with the most senior thought leaders and decision-makers in the field of oncology also needs to analyze the market and detect the best and faster opportunities to develop the business. In addition this position will work closely with the marketing team in order to detect, organize and execute marketing activities (Congresses, tradeshows, seminars, etc…)
*Must reside in Spain
- Focus on successfully driving adoption and utilization of the PROSIGNA (our breast cancer assay, and newly launched Diagnostic products and services Spain and Portugal. Maximizing sales, developing the market and increasing the test demand, securing the reimbursement in the public market and inclusion in treatment guidelines.
- Develop a go-to-market strategy to launch PROSIGNA and other Diagnostic products in the region.
- Make PROSIGNA known through marketing activities to the breast cancer community and attend the most relevant congresses and seminars.
- Development and execution of territory reimbursement strategy is critical.
- Develop the channel strategy for the region, define market access prioritization as well as best entry channel.
- Manage efficiently and define goals for potential distributors.
- Based on budget and approval from supervisor, plan headcount and recruit according to the regional plan.
- Develop all commercial activities for NanoString Technologies in line:
- with the strategy of NanoString Technologies Headquarters
- with quality policies of the company
- with Global Clinical Development
- with local specific regulations and both local and global regulatory matters
- Administrative & diagnostics running of the territory.
- Financial management of the territory.
- Strategic development plan of the territory.
- Initiating and building professional, ethical relationships with Health Authorities in order to facilitate NanoString Technologies diagnostics platform's access to market, pricing and reimbursement
- Represent NanoString Technologies in specific industry organizations and meetings
- Responsibility for own performance, setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against those goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing issues promptly
- Operational management of NanoString Technologies’ portfolio
- Projects under development:
- Collaboration with headquarters: diagnostics, R&D and regulatory departments
- Support headquarters " Project teams" in view of local development
- Local service provider(s) identification
- Support of local activities
- Collaboration with headquarters: diagnostics, regulatory and operational departments
- Local launch and global management of products
- Lead, manage and supervise the business to achieve objectives
- Drive NanoString Technologies products sales to exceed targets
- Oversee design, development, planning and execution of the territory marketing, sales and distribution plans
- Business development:
- Collaboration with the International Business Development team
- Collaboration with the Life Science and Translational Team
- Local assessment of potential opportunities
- Market analysis
- Appropriateness with existing business models and local portfolio
*Must reside in Spain