The primary purpose of the Cost Analyst (CA) position is to support the budgeting and financial decision making of Shared Resources as well as analysis and implementation of rate development, revenue projections, and capital investment analysis associated with all Center Shared Resources. The CA reports dotted line to the Shared Resources Vice President and directly to the SR Operations Manager.
The CA will work closely with the Core Directors to develop detailed and appropriate service charges and assist with billing practices. The position may spend up to 50% of their time supporting the costing and billing efforts of the Therapeutics Products Program. The remainder of their time will be spent reviewing and re-costing other resource services. The CA will also be responsible for developing a scientific core weighting system so resource decisions can be made both from a financial and research perspective.
The CA is responsible for supporting the shared resources in their efforts to price services. This position requires flexibility in a rapidly changing environment, experience with nonprofit/grant funded accounting practices, and education or experience in accounting.
- (35%) Develop cost accounting system to understand the Center's full costs and investments in Shared Resource. Develop and report key financial and operating metrics to support costing decisions. Develop policies and procedures to support costing methodology and meet NIH guidelines.
- (25%) Manage the rate development process for all SR services, to ensure appropriate recovery of costs.
- (15%) Develop core service financial benchmarks and scientific ranking system to assist in decision-making process, such as outsourcing services.
- (5%) Assist with ongoing financial analysis and forecasting for all SR budgets.
- (5%) Analyze capital requests to determine if ongoing costs associated can be supported by projected use.
- (5%) Working with department managers, identify business improvement opportunities to provide efficient use of Center resources.
- (5%) Participate in Shared Resources strategic planning.
- (5%) Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to present complex information in a format to facilitate understanding.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of technical groups.
- Ability to manage projects independently and to meet timelines.
- Ability to effectively understand, manipulate and analyze large data sets.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail critical.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel. Preferred experience with Access, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards.
- BS in accounting, finance, or business required
- Three years costing or financial experience in academic manufacturing, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals or healthcare.
- Experience and knowledge with the Uniform Guidance requirements desired
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2349342-2647-8221