Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Corporate Partners Manager is part of the Institutional Giving team and reports to the Corporate Relations Officer. The Manager assists in planning corporate fundraising activities on behalf of Fred Hutch and maintains a portfolio of predominantly corporate prospects. Working closely with the Corporate Relations Officer and with other front-line fundraisers in the Development department, the Manager will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporate donors with a goal of securing cash donations, grants, sponsorships and in-kind donations as part of the emerging Corporate Partners program. Funds raised will provide general center support as well as help fund research, education and technology initiatives and other center programs. Engagement and collaboration with the Institutional Giving team, as well as with other Development teams, Fred Hutch faculty, staff and leadership is expected. Some travel, weekend and evening work may be required.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify corporate prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential
- In partnership with Corporate Relations Officer develop, manage and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate prospects capable of mid-range level gifts ($10K - $100K)
- Serve as lead for cause-related marketing campaigns, including working directly with external constituents and maintaining records; includes follow up, gift processing and data support
- In collaboration with Development and other administrative units, oversee coordination and execution of appropriate Partners program benefits, recognition, stewardship and communications
- Manage and ensure accurate corporate donor database records
- This position does not have direct report management responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three to five years' experience in corporate development in a nonprofit, including solicitation of corporate gifts, or similar experience in Corporate/Community Relations in the private sector
- Experience within a research and/or healthcare institute, or, educational institution desirable
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in business development and working with corporate and\or non-profit entities to identify intersecting objectives
- Skills to represent Fred Hutch in the corporate environment and interact well with a diverse array of people from a variety of professions
- Previous experience researching and managing portfolios
- Outstanding verbal communication skills; comfortable in public speaking situations
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to compose compelling solicitation letters and e-mails, proposal materials and stewardship correspondence
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise significant judgment and confidentiality in working with prospects, volunteers, faculty and staff
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed fundraising goals
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and The Raiser's Edge or similar database systems
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE