Who we are
At Roche, 88,500 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
Corporate Counsel, Sequencing
- Provides legal support, negotiates and drafts agreements and other documents as a member of Roche’s Molecular Diagnostics / Sequencing Legal Department reporting to Lead Counsel of Sequencing Unit.
- Supports operation of the business, including research and development, manufacturing, marketing, business development and licensing activities of the unit, in close cooperation with internal stakeholders (e.g. business, finance and patent departments).
- Interfaces and works collaboratively with other departments in the Roche Group, including global teams, e.g. as part of business development and licensing activities and ensures that Roche corporate procedures are consistently implemented and adhered to.
- Able to manage and prioritize a large docket of projects efficiently, while maintaining high quality and client satisfaction.
- Independently conducts legal research, fact gathering and analyses on complex matters in areas of legal responsibility and advises the Sequencing Unit accordingly.
- Knowledgeable of related legislative, regulatory and judicial developments and trends that may impact the Sequencing Unit and remains current with U.S. state and federal law and regulations applicable to life science, in vitro diagnostic instrument and reagent manufacturers.
- Counsels and provides appropriate legal services to all levels of the business on a wide range of legal issues.
- Manages external resources, including outside counsel.