Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for managing processes and systems to achieve an effective environment of financial controls that supports the fast growth of Twist Bioscience. The Corporate Controller will interact with all members of the Company’s leadership team in all the functional areas. We are looking at an experienced Corporate Controller who will be energized by the opportunity to deliver accurate and timely accounting transactions and financial reporting, to establish streamlined business processes, implement an efficient and compliant finance infrastructure capable of scaling with the rapid growth of the business while contributing to corporate objectives.
As a key member of the Finance leadership team, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting operations (e.g., revenue recognition, accounts receivable, account payables, payroll accounting, general ledger, month end close cycles etc.), financial statement reporting, stock administration and purchasing, and cash management. This person will focus on IPO readiness for the company. He or She oversee 4 – 5 direct reports and will progressively build the team. The Corporate Controller will work closely with the Company’s outside auditors as well as the internal operational teams.
Core responsibilities include:
- Hire, manage, and develop a high performing, professional team of accounting operations
- Manage timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounting results and related financial reporting through the close and consolidation process.
- Lead the relationship with our independent auditors and manage the annual audit process.
- Develop, maintain and enforce technical accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Provide well-supported and documented interpretation of GAAP literature, identify relevant changes in accounting guidance and monitor processes for compliance with accounting literature.
- Lead the implementation of new FASB pronouncements, including ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
- Recommend accounting treatment for complex transactions (e.g. revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, M&A, collaboration transactions).
- Lead the implementation of financial reporting process for IPO readiness and potential Form S-1 filing
- Implement appropriate internal controls, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures and apply good business practices.
- Evaluate and implement systems to further automate processes for efficiencies and effectiveness while enhancing internal controls.
- Oversee compliance and filings for all areas of tax, including corporate income and sales tax.
- Assist in the interactions with investors in addressing their requirements.
- Monitor cash management activities
- Manage the insurance program for all entities.
- Help to set a “tone at the top” that stresses ethics, integrity and good governance.