Genomic Health is seeking a Corporate and Employee Communications Manager to develop and implement internal communications programs to inform, motivate and connect employees around the world, while supporting the department in communicating the company's corporate messages and brand to external audiences. The position is based out of our Redwood City, CA corporate office and reports to the Director, Product Communications and Media Relations. The ideal candidate will be professional and personable, highly detailed-oriented, organized, driven, able to multi-task, proactive, have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), remain calm under pressure and tight deadlines, exercise good judgment and bring a positive, passionate attitude. This individual will collaborate closely with the entire Communications department, business partners in Human Resources, Facilities and IT, as well as subject matter experts from various departments. The Corporate and Employee Communications Manager will have responsibilities that require regular interactions with senior executives as well as the opportunity to gain experience in public and investor relations.
- Develop and deliver compelling, consistent messages, content and events for employees that reflect the Genomic Health brand and culture and the company's business priorities via online, written, print and face-to-face communications channels.
- Maintain the company intranet homepage, acting as a “corporate journalist” to highlight news, milestones, events and employees in real-time. Ensure content is timely, consistent with department strategies and inspires and re-recruits the employees.
- Write, edit and distribute The Buzz quarterly interactive newsletter
- Encourage two-way dialogue through existing channels and create new mechanisms and events to enhance employee connection and engagement.
- Coordinate logistics and content for all-employee meetings, develop agenda, compile slides, help prepare internal and external speakers and liaise with IT to ensure all AV needs are met. Support other departments logistically for additional company-wide meetings.
- Develop and implement an annual strategic internal communications plan.
- Partner with HR to staff monthly Anniversary Lunch program and capture/address feedback; actively participate in the roll out of the employee engagement survey
- Manage the collection and archive of company memorabilia as part of internal communications efforts to preserve and highlight the corporate history and culture.
- Monitor and measure the impact of communications programs and initiatives with internal target audiences.