We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in and experience of life-science data resources to join the ELIXIR hub as scientific coordinator for the ELIXIR Data Platform.
The ELIXIR Data Platform brings together the life science data resources from ELIXIR’s national nodes and drives their integration and sustainability. This includes developing formalised criteria and indicators for Core Data resources, promoting excellence in resource development and increasing the sustainability of resources through literature-data integration and resource cross-linking.
As coordinator you would work closely with and support our international scientific leadership team for the Data Platform. Your main task will be to provide day-to-day management and coordination. You will support our long-term planning and drive the development and implementation of a project portfolio to support ELIXIR Data’s Resources.
You will work with the scientists and technical experts at our 140 partner institutes across ELIXIR Nodes to ensure interoperable and long-term development of ELIXIR’s Data resources. You will oversee our technical planning, implementation, document progress and impact assessment by establishing and monitoring performance, quality and impact indicators.
- Project-manage the development and implementation of a portfolio of ELIXIR Commissioned Services for the Data Platform;
- Support the scientific leadership team for the Data Platform with coordination, documentation and reporting on progress, delivery and risks for the ELIXIR Data platform portfolio of technical integration projects;
- Manage communication and facilitate the development and coordination of data services within the Data platform portfolio. Bring together services, developers and users to drive partnerships across ELIXIR’s member states;
- Bring together the geographically distributed project partners to agree and implement shared technical strategies and standards, as required;
- In close partnership with the scientific leadership team for the Data Platform and ELIXIR Nodes, organise communication, outreach and facilitate collaboration with the other ELIXIR platforms;
- As appropriate organise and lead workgroups to develop ELIXIR wide strategies and policies. Manage and maintain a structured discussion with relevant project partners and user communities.