Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP) at Fred Hutch is seeking a Contracts & Vendor Manager to oversee contracts and vendors used to support of SCHARP and its partners and clients. The Vendor Manager will strive to control costs, drive service excellence and mitigate risks to gain increased value from vendors throughout contract period. In addition s/he will manage and coordinate the contracting process for new clients/partners.
- Manage day to day interactions as main point of contact for multiple critical process vendors of SCHARP.
- Communicate effectively the priorities of various internal stakeholders with vendors impacting competing timelines.
- With the support of finance, oversee contract budgets to reduce risk of cost over runs.
- Manage dispute resolutions with vendors.
- Manage the RFI and RFP processes evaluating third party vendors for new vendors.
- Represent SCHARP as lead in vendor contract negotiations and the process for establishment of standard terms and conditions for task orders, soliciting input from finance, procurement, legal services and IT.
- Establish and manage vendor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) including performance goals, quality measures, performance reporting, incentives, and penalties
- Work closely with business development to manage the contracting process with new clients/partners.
- Contribute to strategic decision making processes regarding vendor selection and ongoing management.
- Establish a governance or standards for SCHARP vendor management
- Continuously build on knowledge base of new relevant technologies
- Foster good relationships within SCHARP and with current and potential vendors representing multiple internal stakeholders equitably.
BA/BS in related field required. MA/MS desired. Minimum of five years post-master's or seven years post-bachelors related project/study/vendor management experience in a research or relevant setting. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are Fred Hutch, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer, HIV and other potentially fatal diseases. The Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. Vaccine and Infectious Diseases Division (VIDD), works to eliminate or minimize the impact of globally significant infectious diseases. Within VIDD is the Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research & Prevention (SCHARP) which provides statistical support and data management to researchers worldwide in the fight against HIV/AIDS with active studies in the U.S., Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe.
Join us and make a difference!
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE