Reports Into: Director, Immune Monitoring / Biomarker DevelopmentSummary/Objective
This position has primary responsibility for providing statistical and analytical bioinformatics expertise and interpretation to the scientific research programs at Aduro Biotech.
- Analyze large-scale datasets such as raw microarray data (miRNA and mRNA), genomic and RNA sequence data, cytometry and proteomics data for clinical or basic research purposes.
- Perform integrative analyses of different data types including genomic, molecular, cellular, proteomics and clinical.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Manipulate publicly accessible, commercial, or proprietary genomic, proteomic, or post-genomic databases.
- Compile data for use in activities such as gene expression profiling and cell-type gene expression deconvolution bioinformatics.
- Create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
- Develop data models and databases.
- Develop or evaluate new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
- Improve user interfaces to bioinformatics software and databases.
- Instruct others in the selection and use of bioinformatics tools.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination.
- Keep abreast of new algorithms, technologies or softwares by reading scientific literature and attending professional conferences.
- Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports.