10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Computational Biology group. This person will lead the development of analytical frameworks and computational methods for investigating the error modes of all components of the core technology and the impact of these on application performance. These analyses will drive the prioritization of technology development within the company. This position is a unique opportunity to work on an exciting and novel form of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data that enables a wide array of previously unachievable applications.
The ideal candidate will have an extremely strong background in statistics and data analysis. He or she will also be deeply knowledgeable about existing NGS technologies and have a keen intuition for NGS data. The right candidate must also have strong programming skills, and a deep interest in biology. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate results clearly are a must. This position will interact closely with colleagues in biochemistry, microfluidics, chemistry and software.
- Develop custom analyses to assess and guide development of the core technology
- Create statistical models to understand root causes of errors
- Build statistical analyses into robust internal tools for monitoring performance over time
- Define and prioritize the development of experimental metrics for tracking performance improvements
- Build out simulation framework to explore performance under wide array of conditions