Computational Biologist Postdoctoral Scholar - 91221
Organization: JG-Joint Genome Institute
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL, https://www.lbl.gov/) Environmental Genomics & Systems Biology Division (https://biosciences.lbl.gov/divisions/egsb/) has an opening for a Computational Biologist Postdoctoral Scholar to join the team.
In this exciting role, you will be involved in on-going gene enhancer studies in the joint Mammalian Functional Genomics Laboratory of Axel Visel, Len Pennacchio, and Diane Dickel. You will perform computational analyses related to gene enhancer data and determine overall expression patterns. You will contribute to the design and execution of in vitro and mouse studies aimed at the identification and functional characterization of enhancers in the human genome.
What You Will Do:
• Perform computational analysis of complex datasets, including ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, single-cell transcriptomics/epigenomics, and other “omics” types of data.
• In collaboration with technical staff and experimental postdocs, design and oversee the execution of experimental studies using functional genomics and mouse-based methods.
• Provide regular progress report presentations at lab meetings and conferences.
• Summarize results in reports and papers submitted for publication and present analysis results at national and international scientific meetings.
• Interact with technical staff and other postdocs to develop and guide projects.
• Contribute specialized skills to ongoing projects led by other investigators as appropriate.
• Keep accurate and detailed documentation of all work performed.