Computational Biologist Postdoc Fellow Microbial Genomic and Metagenomics Datasets - 80915
The Department of Energy JointGenome Institute- DOE JGI (a division of the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab)has an exciting Postdoctoral Research opportunity available for a ComputationalBiologist Postdoc. Will directly leverage JGI computational resources and available data for massive-scale genomic research and sequence-based science of relevance to the DOE. Will participate in the comparative analysis of metagenomics datasets available through the IMG system. Will also participate in the development of novel methods for enabling big data mining, as well as for the identification of novel viruses across thousands of metagenomic samples.Will work independently and contributing as a member of a dynamic,multidisciplinary team of biologists, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and software developers. Positions report to the Prokaryotic Super Program head.
• Interrogation and interpretation of microbial genomes and metagenomes.
• Application of standard bioinformatics tools for the analysis of genomic/metagenomic data.
• Design and implementation of new approaches for genome/metagenome analysis..
• Publish in peer review journals and deliver scientific presentations at scientific meetings
Additional desired responsibilities
• Development of software for organization and handling of metagenomic data and automation of analytical procedures.
• Develop and present updates and reports at group meetings.
• Support the development of user interface for navigation and data comparisons across thousands of genomic/metagenomic samples