Computational Biologist Post-doctoral Fellow
The Drs. Snuderl (http://www.med.nyu.edu/biosketch/snudem01), Fenyo (http://fenyolab.org/) and Tsirigos (http://tsirigos.com/) laboratories at the NYU School of Medicine are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to work on exciting clinical proteogenomics projects. This is a great opportunity to quickly acquire new skills, develop and publish new tools and methods, analyze challenging datasets and be a co-author in multiple studies.
- Develop novel methods for integrating genomics data to generate new insights from biological datasets
- Work closely with experimental biologists to make exciting discoveries in cancer biology
- Publish in high-impact journals
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Formal training in statistics and machine learning
- 3+ years of experience in Unix/Linux systems including HPC environments
- 3+ years of experience with sequencing data (two of DNA-seq, RNA-seq and ChIP-seq)
- 3+ years of experience creating customized sequencing analysis pipelines
- 1+ years of experience in statistics and/or machine learning techniques
- Scripting languages: Python or Perl
- Statistical packages: R (preferred) or Matlab.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and oral English